This is a wonderful take on classic flavors. I was inspired by a super cute "number cake" I saw on Pinterest, and when Mother's Day was coming up, I decided to make a heart-shaped meringue cake, filled with rhubarb mousse, vanilla whipped cream and plenty of fresh berries. It has a layer of lemon curd as well, to add acidity and a little bit of sharpness. Wonderful cake! It generously served eight, and would have been enough for at least 12. I would strongly recommend this as a midsommartårta (midsummer's cake) - one of the very best I've made. (And to make this easier to google-find for Swedes - här hittar du den bästa midsommartårtan med jordgubbar och rabarbermousse !) Now, it's a little bit fiddly, I admit that - but you can prepare almost everything in advance. Make the meringue layers the night before if you have the chance, it's much easier that way. I also made the rhubarb jelly the night before, and then the morning of serving, I whipped cream, ...
Comments
Post a Comment